Life is an adventure… RIDE IT!
Where to begin? With your learners motorcycle license from ICBC
Call ICBC to book your motorcycle knowledge test 1 800 950 1498 or
Book online https://onlinebusiness.icbc.com/
You must have your motorcycle learners license from ICBC to take any of our motorcycle courses
MST test is included and done on our training lots for all Learn to Ride students. Group or Private lessons. We are a ICBC accredited motorcycle training facility.
Safety RiderZero experience to riding a motorcycle unsupervised and a road test booking
- Fully ICBC licensed training facility
- Online learning. Start with our online course from your home.
- In person classroom. Continue with our in person classroom.
- Training lot. Instructor led training on our motorcycles in a safe place.
- MSA/MST test included and onsite (You can ride on your own after this).
- One Road Ride (Choose from from 3 levels). Need more riding? Extra road rides are $60. (More info)
- Motorcycles provided. Try them all! (Cruisers, Sportbikes, Dirtbikes, Mini).
- ICBC Road Test Booking (when you’re ready upon availability).
- Never have to go to ICBC for a MST retest. You can always test with us if your license expires.
- Great option if you already have your own motorcycle.
Dedicated RiderZero experience to passing the ICBC road test
- Everything in the Safety Rider plus…
- TWO extra road rides (3 total). Still need more? Extras rides are $60. (More info)
- Earliest ICBC Road Test Booking available if you are ready.
- Two Motorcycle ICBC Road Test rentals. Why two? In case you need it as a backup.
- Spend the most amount of time with our instructors.
- Great option for riders who do not want to buy a motorcycle right away or for the student that wants it all!
Do you already have motorcycling experience?
Do you need a refresher?
Do you just need to do the MST test or the Road Test?
Are you looking for Advanced Rider Training?
Know what you’re getting into
Getting your motorcycle license. How much does it cost and what does it take?
Do you want to make sure you pass our motorcycle course first try?
Who is 1st Gear Motorcycle Training?
We are a motorcycle training school that started in 2014. Since then we have trained thousands of riders and become the most reviewed motorcycle school in the Lower Mainland and the largest. We have over 900 reviews between Google and Facebook. The best advocate for our school, teaching methods and 1st Gear experience is best said by our students. Our instructors are long time street riders and dirt riders backed up with hours of advanced rider training. We are instructors but we are also students as well. We have three locations to serve all the new riders from Vancouver to Surrey to Langley to Coquitlam to North Vancouver. Our training lots add up to over 15,000 square meters of space (3.8 acres) ensuring all students get the proper amount of room to learn shifting, aggressive safety maneuvers, and never be too close to each other. Our Coquitlam location is our largest training lot. Our class sizes vary from 3 students to 15 students for group lessons. Our busiest classes of the year are on weekends in Spring and early summer. If you have your learners license you are good to go to signup for a motorcycle course. Start with our online classroom material from your home on your schedule. Then into our in person classroom. Followed up by two days on the training lot with our motorcycles. All learn to ride students get the MST test done onsite at our locations. No need to go to ICBC. Once ready, we will book you a preferential time for the final road test at ICBC. 1st Gear Motorcycle Training is your one and done Motorcycle School.